To enroll, students must reside in the district. The enrollment process requires:
- Two proofs of residency. State law states that a child’s residence is the school district in which the parent/legal guardian/legal custodian holds legal residence. (There can be penalties for falsifying residency).
- A current bill for gas, electric, or water and sewer (telephone and cable bills are not accepted, nor are cutoff notices).
- A current lease agreement, contract on a home (where you will be residing within 45 days), warranty deed statement, or mortgage statement.
- Legal birth certificate. It must be the certificate issued by the state or county where the child was born – not the hospital record. The child must be five 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, of the current school year to enter kindergarten.
- Immunization record-The state requires acceptable evidence of adequate immunization before a child may be enrolled in any school in Oklahoma. Immunization Requirements
- Parent/Guardian photo ID. The biological, foster or adoptive parent may enroll the student. A driver’s license or any other photo ID is acceptable. Guardians must have proper copies of court authorization. In cases of divorce, custody documentation is required, if applicable.